At Occuity, we are pioneering ground-breaking technological solutions to alleviate some of humanity’s greatest healthcare challenges by developing technology that takes instant health diagnostic information simply by looking in the eye. With our clear vision and values, a world-leading team of experts, 9 international patents and more pending, we are developing a hugely innovative range of products that will improve the lives of millions of people around the world. Healthcare challenges are there to be solved and at Occuity, we have the vision and the technical ability to succeed. Occuity’s aim is for our accessible, non-contact, mobile diagnostic health devices to make repetitive, invasive monitoring a thing of the past.
At Occuity, we value being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and we have an incredible team of people helping us do just that. Our employees are excited to be part of a team that thrives in a culture of innovation and imagination. Our success means that we are now expanding at a rapid pace and we are seeking truly exceptional people to join our team. We are looking for trailblazers, visionaries and the naturally inquisitive; those who can challenge and those who can inspire. At Occuity, every single person has a voice - and a vital contribution to make to our success.
If this sounds like you, why not join us on our journey?
Occuity are seeking a Hardware Engineer to support the development of a new generation of portable, hand-held diagnostic medical devices.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The role will involve taking ownership of hardware development of both ARM based devices and PIC microcontrollers, particularly PIC32 devices. This will require working with the team to define the design requirements and realization of the designs from concept through to manufacture.
It is expected that the candidate will assist in the specification of the electronic platform as well as being heavily involved in debugging, verification and validation.
This is a hands-on role that offers a unique opportunity to be an integral part of a new and innovative company at a very early stage. This will allow any candidate to be involved many aspects across the business and therefore significantly broaden their experience and allow them to grow
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- 1st or 2.1 Honors degree in Electronic Engineering or similar
- Higher degree (MSc or PhD), photonics or optical based area would be of benefit
- 3 – 5 years of experience developing hardware for embedded applications, preferably in a medical related field
- Schematic design and layout of multilayer PCBAs
- Broad knowledge of engineering principles including mathematics
- Digital and low noise analogue electronic design
- Use of CAD software for example Altium, Eagle PCB or OrCAD
- Building, testing and debugging electronic systems, including design for EMC, impedance matching techniques, etc
- Hardware oriented/embedded firmware development
- Development using PIC microcontrollers, particularly dsPIC and PIC32 devices and the Microchip Harmony Framework
- Generation of project related information such as PCB engineering drawings, Flow Diagrams, Requirement Specifications and Test Schedules.
- Full design cycle experience – concept to manufacture/new product introduction
- Experience of design for manufacture essential, including the CE marking process
- Experience of working within a managed quality framework is essential
- Use of Microchip and ARM devices
- Use of GitHub source code control
- Use of Electro-optic or photonic devices
- Use of FPGA’s and writing VHDL/Verilog
- Knowledge of statistics, design and execution of experiments
- Knowledge of RTOS
- Enthusiastic and passionate with a love of technology and product design
- Self-motivated, persistent and collaborative, you have a “can-do” attitude and approach
- A keen eye for detail
- Tenacious and persistent with a determination to go the extra mile to see all projects through to completion
- Equally capable of working independently or as part of a team
- An excellent communicator, you are adept at information sharing and contributing towards an open, positive team atmosphere
- You are excited about the prospect of making a real difference to people’s health around the world
Equality & Diversity
Occuity is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
Further details on our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy can be found online