At Occuity, we are pioneering ground-breaking technological solutions to alleviate some of humanity’s greatest healthcare challenges by developing technology that takes instant health diagnostic information simply by looking in the eye. With our clear vision and values, a world-leading team of experts, 9 international patents and more pending, we are developing a hugely innovative range of products that will improve the lives of millions of people around the world. Healthcare challenges are there to be solved and at Occuity, we have the vision and the technical ability to succeed. Occuity’s aim is for our accessible, non-contact, mobile diagnostic health devices to make repetitive, invasive monitoring a thing of the past.
At Occuity, we value being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and we have an incredible team of people helping us do just that. Our employees are excited to be part of a team that thrives in a culture of innovation and imagination. Our success means that we are now expanding at a rapid pace and we are seeking truly exceptional people to join our team. We are looking for trailblazers, visionaries and the naturally inquisitive; those who can challenge and those who can inspire. At Occuity, every single person has a voice - and a vital contribution to make to our success.
If this sounds like you, why not join us on our journey?
As part of our ambitious growth plans, Occuity is now seeking an Embedded Software Test Engineer to support the development of a new generation of portable, hand-held diagnostic medical devices.
The role will involve taking ownership of testing the embedded software via a hands-on approach, to both unit testing, functional testing, working through the issue log and supporting code reviews, etc. within the ISO13485.
This is role offers a unique opportunity to be an integral part of a new and innovative company at a very early stage. This will allow any candidate to be involved many aspects across the business and therefore significantly broaden their experience and allow them to grow with the company.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Working closely with the firmware and hardware teams to validate the solution as they are deployed and ensuring they are suitably for a production environment
- Producing documentation inline with procedures and QMS ISO1385 requirements
- Communicating status to key stakeholders in a timely and professional fashion
- Working with other function to maintain existing solutions and ensuring timely delivery to our customers
- Writing, debugging and testing embedded code
- Creating test scripts in Phython and other scripting languages
- Setting up and use of automated test environments
- Support the assessment of external suppliers for capability of quality systems, facilities and procedures to support device development and supply
- Support device design and manufacturing investigations from devices used in clinical trials and commercial manufacture
- Support the generation of all regulatory submission data and content for assigned device projects
- Support internal and external audits
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- 1st or 2.1 Honors degree in Computer Science, Software, Electronic Engineering or similar
- 3 – 5 years of experience of embedded software testing preferably within a medical device framework
- Version control using Git or SVN
- Test automation experience
- Embedded C or C++
- Python for writing test scripts
- Ceedling/Unity/CMock experience for unit testing
- An understanding of JTAG technologies and boundary scan development for PCB validation
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience of Mathworks tools Mathlab, Simulink
- An awareness of NI tools LabVIEW and TestStand
- Use of Microchip and ARM devices
- Experience with test automation, e.g. Jenkins
- Enthusiastic and passionate with a love of technology and product design
- Self-motivated, persistent and collaborative, you have a “can-do” attitude and approach
- A keen eye for detail
- Tenacious and persistent with a determination to go the extra mile to see all projects through to completion
- Equally capable of working independently or as part of a team
- An excellent communicator, you are adept at information sharing and contributing towards an open, positive team atmosphere
- You are excited about the prospect of making a real difference to people’s health around the world
Equality & Diversity
Occuity is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
Further details on our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy can be found online